Thursday, February 9, 2017

Happy 28th birthday, dear Matthew!


28 years ago today I became a mother. We only had one child; our son Matthew. We wanted more, but it wasn't to be. Some things you just have to accept. I'm not sure where the years have gone. I tried to enjoy them all. We've had so many fun times together. 


Matthew was such a placid happy baby. At 2 months he learned how to sleep through the night, and he never bawled his eyes out for no reason. We seemed to understand each other perfectly from the first week. 


The hardest thing was I had an emergency C section as Matthew turned out to be in the breech position, and no one knew it to the last moment. But thankfully the doctors and nurses saved us both, and we've enjoyed the past 28 years of life!


 Matthew was so cute. 
He just became more cute over the years!
These are the only photos I have of his first day of life, as we had a film camera. We didn't get our first digital camera until 12 years later, in 2001.


 This is Matthew's hospital photo. I wonder if they still have those? I have so many sweet and precious memories.
I'm thankful God blessed us with at least one son!

By Loretta Houben

No comments: